HCMC â€“ CAI BE â€“ CAN THO â€“ CHAU DOC â€“ PHNOM PENH
The town is located by the Hâu River (a branch of the Mekong River flowing through Vietnamese territory) and Vinh Te canal. Chau Doc is situated 250 km west of Ho Chi Minh City. It takes about six hours to travel by bus from Ho Chi Minh City.
Mekong delta is about 40.000 square kilometers (km2) in area. And it is known as one of the widest and richest delta in ASEAN, in Vietnam it is considered as the biggest granary of Vietnam (the second one is Red River delta in the North of Vietnam), it provides 60% of nation’s rice. Besides that, Mekong delta is the place of different tropical fruits such as durian, coconut, banana, pineapple, dragon fruit… and when people come here they can enjoy the seasonal fruits all round year.
|Tour Name||South VN|
|Tours Code||STS – MK 02|
|Duration||3 days 2 nights.|
|Features||Culture, boat trip, Mekong delta, Daily life.|
|Travelling Gears||Casual, easy clothes, Take hat, raincoat, water, good shoes for trekking and cash|
|Difficulty Level||Level 1.|
|Tours Summary||Ho Chi Minh – Cai Be – Can Tho – Chau Doc – Phnom Penh|
Day 1: HCMC – CAI BE – CAN THO (B)
Breakfast at hotel, check out and transfer to Cai Be located on the Upper Branch of the Mighty Mekong River. Enjoy boating on the river, observing the fruit whole sale market in Cai Be, and see the locals producing pop rice, popcorn and other sweets.
Lunch will be served at local restaurant in a nice garden (excluded)
In the afternoon continue along fruit orchards in narrow canals to the city of Vinh Long on the other side of the Mekong River. Stop at a ceramic village by the river
Transfer to Can Tho and check in a hotel.
Overnight in Can Tho
Day 2: CAN THO – CHAU DOC (B)
Early morning, check out the hotel and enjoy the boat trip to the floating market of Cai Rang and cruising along small canals to see how the locals live. Have a walk through Ba Cong fruit orchard and learn about farming and gardening in South Vietnam. After lunch at the orchard, transfer to Chau Doc by road.
In the afternoon, arrival in Chau Doc, check in a hotel.
Then enjoy another boat trip to visit the Cham village, floating fish farms.
Then drive to visit the Chua Xu and Tay An temples around the Sam mountain.
Dinner and overnight in the hotel
Day 3: CHAU DOC – PHNOM PENH (B)
Morning join an express boat trip with Hang Chau boat to the border, cross the border and continue to Phnom Penh.
End of services
Children policies: applied for children from 5 to 10 yrs old
- Sharing bed with adult: 50% of tour cost
- Extra bed: 75% of tour cost
- Twin sharing: 100% of tour cost
|Place||3 star hotels|
|Can Tho||MY KHANH COUNTRY www.mykhanh.com|
|Chau Doc||CHAU PHO HOTEL www.chauphohotel.com|
or similar hotels
- Hotel accommodation with buffet breakfast (based on twin sharing), service charge and taxes
- All meals indicated in the program (B= breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- All ground transport on tour with A/C modern bus, boats, etc.,
- All entrance fees for sightseeing
- Local English, French, Chinese speaking guides. (other languages upon request)
- Cold bottle of water and wet towels on route
- International flight tickets to Vietnam and from Cambodia
- Domestic airport tax in Phnom Penh (USD 6/person), International airport tax (25 USD in REP)
- Vietnam visa fee: USD 25/person at the airport
- Personal Insurance
- Express boat from Chau Doc to Phnom Penh
- Personal expenses such as drinks, tips
- All other accounts not mentioned in the above inclusions.
- Visa applications for Vietnam and Cambodia
- Please take your passport to check in hotel
- Beware of your luggage and money
- Inform in advance if you are vegetarian.
- Take hat, raincoat, water and cash.
- All customers must obey the order of your tour guide for your safety.
- Passengers are advised not to take along big luggage for convenience.