DIEN BIEN PHU TOUR FULL DAY
Dien Bien Phu is one of the the most remote parts of Viet Nam. For the centuries, Dien Bien Phu was a transit stop on the caravan route from Myanmar and China to Northern Viet Nam. In early 1954, Dien Bien Phu was the site of that rarest of military events- a battle that can be called truly decisive.On 6 May 1954, the day before the Geneva Conference on Indochina was set to begin half a world away, Viet Nam forces overran the beleaguered French garrison French garrison at Dien Bien Phu after a 57 day siege.
This shattered French morale and forced the French government to abandon its attempts to reestablish colonial control of Indochina. History is the main attraction here and the scenery
|Tour Name||Dien Bien Phu Tour|
|Tours Code||STS – DBP 01|
|Travelling Gears||casual clothes, sandals, hat, walking shoes.|
|Difficulty Level||Level 1.|
|Tours Summary||Dien Bien Phu|
08:00 Pick you up at the hotel in Dien Bien Phu.
Full day visit battle field: The old Muong Thanh bridge is preserved and closed to motorised traffic-though not much more than a rater in the ground over grown with weeds is the bunker where Chief Artillery Commander Pirot committed suicide.
12:00 Have lunch at local restaurant (excluded)
13:00 Visit Dien Bien phu Museum, the bunker headquarters of French commander, Colonel Christian de Casties. Visit A1 hill-where bitter fighting took place.
16:30 Drop off at the hotel in Dien Bien Phu.
End of services.
Group price policies:
- 5% discount for any groups from 6 to 10 people
- 10% discount for any groups from 11 people or more
- Special promotion: 5% discount for all groups booking from 1 May to 30 September
All the prices are valid in 2011, subject to change without prior notices
(Except for Christmas from 24 to 26 Dec 2011 and New Year from 31 Dec to 5 Jan 2012)
- All ground transport on tour with A/C vehicles,
- All entrance fees for sightseeing.
- Local English, French, Chinese speaking guides (other languages upon request)
- Cold bottles of water and wet towels on route
- International flight tickets to and from Vietnam, domestic flights HAN-DIN-HAN.
- Meal – A lunch.
- Personal Insurance
- Visa for Vietnam + Visa application on arrival
- Personal expenses such as drinks, laundry, tips, etc.
- All other accounts not mentioned in the above inclusions.