DOWNSTREAM PHNOM PENH - SAIGON CRUISING BY THE RV PANDAW 5 DAYS
Route: Phnom Penh - Cruising The Mekong - Boder Crossing - Chau Doc - Cu Lao Gien - Sa Dec - Cai Be - My Tho - Sai Gon
Duration: 5 Days/4 Nights
Depart from: Phnom Penh
Day 1: Phnompenh
Embark the boat in the morning. Spend the afternoon and evening free at Leisure to discover the city on your own. Phnom Penh has a lively night life and some passengers choose to dine ashore and try one of the capital’s many watering holes. Otherwise, passengers dine aboard.
Day 2: Cruising The Mekong - Boder Crossing
We spend the day cruising in the main Mekong channel, an international shipping route. We stop at Prek Touch, a jungle village, to visit fruit orchards, and then set off for the Vietnamese border for the usual formalities.
Day 3: CHau Doc - Cu Lao Gien
Visit a Cham tribal village, a cat fish farm, and enjoy a trishaw(also called cyclo) ride round Chau Doc. In the afternoon, visit Cu Lao Gien island and a Catholic monastery called “La Providence” built in 1875 by the French nuns of “Saint Paul de Chartres”.
Day 4: Sa Dec - Cai Be
In the morning passengers will take an exciting Sampan boat excursion to Cai Be via Vinh Long along canals and backwaters. Passengers will visit Sa Dec and see the local market and the ancient house of Mr, Huyn Thuy Le, the 'lover' of Marguerite Duras, a famous french novelist. At Cai Be, we will cruise through its colorful floating market which takes place daily in front of the catholic church.
Day 5: My Tho - Sai Gon
Early morning sail from Cai Be for My Tho, where passengers disembark in the early morning for a coach transfer to Hotel Sofitel Plaza Saigon. Arrive at the hotel late morning.
Inclusions of the trip
- Entrance fees
- Gide services (English language)
- Gatuities to crew, main meals ocally made soft and alcoholic beverages, ugged coffee and selection of teas and tisanes, mineral water.
- Transfer to the meeting point in Saigon from the ship at the end of a voyage.
Exclusions of the trip
- International flights, port dues , laundry
- All visa costs, fuel surcharges
- Imported beverages such as wines
- Premium spirits and liqueurs, fancy soft drinks like Perrier
- Espressos and cappuccinos at bar.
- Transfer to the ship in Phnom Penh at the start of a voyage