SPIRIT OF MEKONG
Following this trip, tourists spend one full day touring around the Mekong Delta including the visits to My Tho Street fruit market, the Tortoise Island, fishing ports then to the coconut candy mill, etc. On the following day is an exciting visit to the Cai Rang and Phong Dien floating market, Can Tho market and Tram forest.
|Tour Name||South VN – Mekong Delta|
|Tours Code||STS – MK 01|
|Duration||2 days 1 night.|
|Features||Natural village, Ecotourism, History and Culture, boat trip, Mekong delta, Daily life.|
|Travelling Gears||Casual, easy clothes, Take hat, raincoat, water, good shoes for trekking and cash..|
|Difficulty Level||Level 1.|
|Tours Summary||Ho Chi Minh – My Tho – Ben Tre – Can Tho – Cai Rang – Phong Dien – Ho Chi Minh|
Day 1: HO CHI MINH CITY – MY THO – BEN TRE – CAN THO (-/L/D)
In the morning, our tour guide and driver will pick you up at your hotel around 7:30 – 8:00 and transfer to Mekong Delta (140km).
Arrive in the beautiful rural district of Trung Luong, take a boat on the Mekong River along the Bao Dinh Canal to My Tho, visit fruit market alongside the canal.
Lunch in My Tho Town.
Then take a nice cruise on the Tien River to the Quy Island (Tortoise Island). On the way, view the fishing port, stilt house, boat building workshop, the other Dragon, Phoenix and Unicorn Island, the coconut candy milk, the amazing boat trip on the Thoi Son canal, famous for year-round fruits and Southern folk song.
Continue on to Ben Tre province, the country of coconut, see a typical agricultural model Garden - Pond - Cage, and enjoy the relaxing honey tea. Then transfer to Can Tho city at the end of the day. Overnight at hotel in Can Tho.
Day 2: CAN THO – CAI RANG – PHONG DIEN – HO CHI MINH (B/L/-)
Early in the morning, take a boat to explore the picturesque tributaries of the Hau River. Visit the Cai Rang and Phong Dien floating markets which are the most original and bustling places of region.
Then roam into the village to get in touch with the local people followed by a visit to Can Tho market. On the way back to Ho Chi Minh City by bus, stop over for visiting Rung Tram forest. Drop off at your hotel upon arrival.
End of tour.
Children policies: applied for children from 5 to 10 yrs old
- Sharing bed with adult: 50% of tour cost
- Extra bed: 75% of tour cost
- Twin sharing: 100% of tour cost
Group price policies:
- 5% discount for any groups from 6 to 10 people
- 10% discount for any groups from 11 people or more
- Special promotion: 5% discount for all groups booking from 1 May to 30 September
All the prices are valid in 2011, subject to change without prior notices
(Except for Christmas from 24 to 26 Dec 2011 and New Year from 31 Dec to 5 Jan 2012)
- Roundtrip transfer car/van/bus with A/C
- Full board meals
- Boat trip on Mekong Delta
- Tours and activities as stated above
- Local English, French, Chinese speaking guide (other languages upon request)
- Security premium
- Entrance fees
- Travel insurance
- Extra food and beverages
- Telephone and laundry
- Tips and personal expenses
- Please take your passport to check in hotel
- Beware of your luggage and money
- Inform in advance if you are vegetarian.
- Take hat, raincoat, water and cash.
- All customers must obey the order of your tour guide for your safety.
- Passengers are advised not to take along big luggage for convenience.