TAY PHUONG PAGODA - THAY PAGODA - VAN PHUC SILK VILLAGE TOUR FULL DAY
Tay Phuong pagoda was built in the 8th century and has been restored several times since. In 1632, the pagoda was rebuilt according to the Sino-Vietnamese character Tam (three), featuring three sections: the upper sanctuary, back palace, and lobby rooms.After climbing 239 stone steps bearing the signs of the passage of time and sheltered by the shade of age-old trees one reaches a gate. The gate carries the name of the structure: Tay Phuong Co Tu (Ancient Pagoda of the West). According to the inscription on a 17th century stone stele it also has two other names: Sung Phuc Tu and Hoang Son Thieu Lam Tu.
The Thay Pagoda was built in the 11th century following the Sino-Vietnamese character Tam. Therefore the pagoda consists of 3 sections.
- The place for the ceremonies and offerings - Ha Pagoda.
- The second section is the place for praying to Buddha - Trung Pagoda.
- The third section is devoted to the Priest Tu Dao Hanh - Thuong pagoda.
Van Phuc Silk Village: Just 15km to the west of Ha Noi is a place renowned over centuries for its silk-making and silk products – Van Phuc village in Ha Dong of Ha Tay Province.
In recent years, the village has enjoyed the revival of its craft due to a surging demand for silk in both the domestic and foreign markets.
It has long been a universal byword of luxury, often worn by the world’s richest, most powerful citizens, nowadays, the fine and lustrous cloth that originally comes from the cocoon of the silkworm is much more affordable for "ordinary" folk.
|Tour Name||Hanoi – Perfume Pagoda - Hanoi|
|Tours Code||STS – HN -10|
|Features||Religious site, old traditional village.|
|Travelling Gears||Casual, easy clothes, walking shoes, sun glasses, sun cream|
|Difficulty Level||Level 1.|
|Tours Summary||Hanoi – Perfume Pagoda - Hanoi|
08:00 Pick up at your hotel in Hanoi, spend a full day to discover Hanoi’s surrounding area.
Visit Thay & Tay Phuong Pagodas to learn about Viet traditional architecture style, Vietnam Buddhism religion & daily life of local people outside city of Hanoi.
13:00 Discover full afternoon in the silk village of Van Phuc.
Taking photos & shopping.
15:30 Transfer back to hotel.
Drop off at the hotel.
End of services.
Group price policies:
- 5% discount for any groups from 6 to 10 people
- 10% discount for any groups from 11 people or more
- Special promotion: 5% discount for all groups booking from 1 May to 30 September
All the prices are valid in 2011, subject to change without prior notices
- Modern A/C transportation,
- 1 Lunch (Vietnamese food, Asian Food basic)
- Entrance fees for sightseeing.
- Cold bottle of water and wet towels on route
- Local English, French, Chinese speaking guide (other languages upon request)
- Personal expenses for drinks, food, phone, etc.
- Tips for guide and driver
- Any others not mentioned above