PLEIKU - FORMER BATTLEFIELD OF HAM RONG - PLEI ME - IA DRANG
The Siege of Plei Me was a battle during the Vietnam War, which led up to the Battle of Ia Drang. The camp at Plei Me, 40 km south of Pleiku city in the central highlands of Vietnam, was constructed in October 1963 by the United States Special Operations Forces. In 1965 the camp was maned by around 350 Civilian Irregular Defense Group (CIDG) soldiers - Montagnard soldiers, many of whom had family just outside the base.
|Tour Name||Pleiku – Ham Rong - Plei Me - Ia Drang - Pleiku|
|Tours Code||STS – PLK 02|
|Features||Former battlefield exploration, nature, ethnic cultures.|
|Travelling Gears||Casual, easy clothes, insect repellents, walking shoes, sun glasses, raincoat (in the rainy season), sun-scream|
|Difficulty Level||Level 2.|
|Tours Summary||Pleiku - Ham Rong - Plei Me camp - Ia Drang valley- Pleiku|
08:30, Pick up at your hotel in Pleiku, drive to Ham Rong mountain ( Dragon Mouth ) to visit Camp Enari - the former Headquarter of the 4th U.S Infantry Division. ,stop over at Catecka plantation - the former operational areas of the 4th Division, en route for Camp of Pleime - the former U.S Special Forces and overlooking at Iadrang valley.
11:30 Go back in Pleiku for lunch.
13:00 In the afternoon, visit Gialai Museum of Ethnology, you have a chance to learn more about the Bahnar and Jarai people’s culture. Continue on to visit Pleiku former prison, Minh Thanh pagoda and the local market of Pleiku.
17:00, Drop you off at your hotel.
End of services.
Group price policies:
- 5% discount for any groups from 6 to 10 people
- 10% discount for any groups from 11 people or more
- Special promotion: 5% discount for all groups booking from 1 May to 30 September
All the prices are valid in 2011, subject to change without prior notices
(Except for Christmas from 24 to 26 Dec 2011 and New Year from 31 Dec to 5 Jan 2012)
- Private car for transportation
- Pick up and drop off you at your hotel IN Pleiku
- English speaking guide (other language upon request)
- Entrance fees
- Personal expenses for drinks, meals, laundry, phone, etc.
- Lunch - Vietnamese lunch
- Insurance, tip for tour guide & driver
- Any others not mentioned above