PLEIKU - FORMER BATTLEFIELD OF MANG YANG PASS & HON CONG MOUNTAIN
Mang Yang Pass was a frequent place for enemy ambushes. This was the site of the last major battle of the French Indochina War. The Battle of Mang Yang Pass is also known as the Battle of An Khe and it was a major defeat for the French by the Viet Minh. After the five day battle the French signed a battlefield ceasefire on July 20, 1954 effectively ending the war.
|Tour Name||Pleiku – Former battle field Mang Yang – Hon Cong mountain.|
|Tours Code||STS – PLK 03|
|Features||Former battlefield exploration, interacting ethnic people|
|Travelling Gears||Casual, easy clothes, insect repellents, walking shoes, sun glasses, raincoat (in the rainy season), sun-scream.|
|Difficulty Level||Level 2.|
|Tours Summary||Pleiku - Mang Yang – Hon Cong – Pleiku|
08:30, pick up at your hotel in Pleiku, drive to Mang Yang pass where was the site of the last major battle of the French Indochina War. Visit 1st Cavalry Division Base that was established in 1965 by US army at Hon Cong mountain to defense An Khe.
13:00 In the afternoon, go back Pleiku, stopover at Dektu & Dekrol villages for sightseeing and exploring the Banar’s culture with the Rong house that is the centre of village cultural and ceremonial life.
15:30 We will visit a cemetery of the Banar with the wooden statues, gongs, wine jars and other items of family property are placed in the funeral house.
17:00, See you of at your hotel.
End of services.
Group price policies:
- 5% discount for any groups from 6 to 10 people
- 10% discount for any groups from 11 people or more
- Special promotion: 5% discount for all groups booking from 1 May to 30 September
All the prices are valid in 2011, subject to change without prior notices
(Except for Christmas from 24 to 26 Dec 2011 and New Year from 31 Dec to 5 Jan 2012)
- Private car for transportation
- Pick up and drop off you at your hotel
- Local English, French, Chinese speaking guide (other languages upon request)
- Entrance fee
- Personal expenses for drinks, meals, laundry, phone, etc.
- Lunch - Vietnamese lunch
- Insurance, tip for tour guide & driver
- Any others not mentioned above