HUE - DMZ TOUR
The Geneva Conference on July 21, 1954, recognized the 17th parallel as a "provisional military demarcation line" temporarily dividing the country into two states, Communist North Vietnam and "Free" South Vietnam. The tour of DMZ will bring you the historical study about the war between Vietnam and USA in the years from 1954 to 1975. Besides, you will explore the charming of the nature here with forest, mountain range and river.
|Tour Name||DMZ Tour.|
|Tours Code||STS – Hue 06|
|Features||Sightseeing, war sites, cultures.|
|Travelling Gears||casual, easy clothes, walking shoes, sandals.|
|Difficulty Level||Level 1.|
|Tours Summary||Hue – Quang Tri - DMZ – Hue|
08.30: Pick up at your hotel, transfer to Quang Tri province where you will visit:
Frame of a church: La Vang holly land
Dong Ha Town: was the location on a strategically important U.S. Marine Combat Base, outposted to provide surveillance of troops movements across the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ). Doc Mieu base: One part of an elaborate electronic system (McNamara’s wall) intended to prevent infiltration across the DMZ.
Hien Luong bridge: known as the "Peace Bridge", a beam bridge built from steel by the French in 1950, Ben Hai river: an important landmark in the partition of the country into a northern and a southern zone along the 17th parallel by the Geneva Accords of 1954. Cua Tung beach: the river flows from west to east just south of the 17th parallel and close to the northern border of Quang Tri Province
Vinh Moc tunnels: The complex of tunnel, located deep in the Vietnamese Demilitarized Zone, grew to include wells, kitchens, rooms for each family and spaces for healthcare.
13:00 Ethnic minority village: learn the lives of minority people. Dakrong bridge: crossing the Dakrong river. Ho Chi Minh trail: was a logistical system that ran from the North Vietnam to the South Vietnam through the neighboring kingdoms of Laos and Cambodia.
15:00 Rock pile: a base for American long – range artillery nearby.
Khe Sanh combat base: is a valley surrounded entirely by rolling mountains and forest. Was one of the most controversial battles – of the American War.
17:30 Transfer back to the hotel in Hue.
End of tour.
Group price policies:
- 5% discount for any groups from 6 to 10 people
- 10% discount for any groups from 11 people or more
- Special promotion: 5% discount for all groups booking from 1 May to 30 September
All the prices are valid in 2011, subject to change without prior notices
(Except for Christmas from 24 to 26 Dec 2011 and New Year from 31 Dec to 5 Jan 2012)
- Modern A/C car/van/coach/bus model 2005 up.
- Entrance fees for sightseeing
- Cold bottle of water and wet towels on route (1 bottle/pax/day)
- Local English, French, Chinese speaking guide (other languages upon request)
- Accommodation at indicated hotels.
- A lunch with Vietnamese food, Asian Food basic.
- Personal expenses for drinks, other meals, laundry, phone, etc.
- Tips for driver and guide.
- Any others not mentioned above