LONGTAN - NUI DAT BATTLE FIELD
The Battle of Long Tan in Vietnam War is arguably the most famous battle fought by the Australian Army during the Vietnam War. It was fought in a rubber plantation (in UTM Grid YS 49-66), near the village of Long Tan, about four kilometer north east of Vung Tau, South Vietnam on August 18-19, 1966.
The action occurred when D Company of the 6th Battalion, Royal Australian Regiment (6RAR), part of the 1st Australian Task Force (1 ATF), encountered the Viet Cong (VC) 275 Regiment and elements of the D445 Local Forces Battalion. D Company was supported by other Australian units, as well as New Zealand and United States personnel. The battle is often used in Australian officer training as an example of the importance of combining and coordinating infantry, artillery, armour and military aviation.
|Tour Name||Long Tan + Nui Dat Battle Field.|
|Tours Code||STS – HCM 10|
|Features||Historic and war sites|
|Travelling Gears||Casual, easy clothes, walking shoes, sun glasses, sun-scream, hat, umbrella, sandals.|
|Difficulty Level||Level 1.|
|Tours Summary||Ho Chi Minh City – BA RIA Province – Ho Chi Minh City|
08:00 Pick up at your hotel and depart for Vung Tau.
10:30 Stop over Ba Ria to get your travel permit to the sites.
Visit the Long Tan Cross, Horse Shoe then to Long Phuoc Tunnels en-route.
13:00 Visit Nui Dat (SAS Hill) - the major operational base for Australia's involvement throughout the Vietnam War
14:30 Return to Ho Chi Minh city.
16:30 Drop off at the hotel
End of services.
Special promotion: 5% discount for all groups booking from 1 May to 30 September
Special discounts for group bookings:
- For group booking from 5 – 10 people: discount 5% of the total cost
- For group of 11 people and more: discount 10% of the total cost
All the prices valid in 2011 are subject to change without prior notices
- A/C car/van for pick up, transfer & sightseeing as per program
- Experienced English, French, Chinese speaking tour guide (other languages upon request)
- Travel permits
- Cold bottle of water + wet towels on route
- Accommodation at indicated hotels.
- Personal expenses for drinks, other food, laundry, phone, etc.
- Tips for guide and driver
- Any others not mentioned above